Wednesday, May 6, 2020

more first world problem issues

I friend of mine sent this in.  I love it!

A number of people have posted on Facebook about how upset they are that their vacation was cancelled. My fingers hovered over the keyboard keys. They trembled. I forced myself to scroll past. Because I wouldn't have made a positive comment.   Had I decided to comment, I would have posted FIRST WORLD PROBLEM! 

 Then the other day we ordered 2 pizzas in 2 different sizes (our son still lives with us). Like you, we wanted to show support to local businesses. When we opened them up, the smaller pizza was badly burnt. That was the one for my husband and I. I was instantly angry that anyone would let that go out of the shop. Our son said we should return it. But pizzas take time to cook and I was ready NOW for supper.  [hangry]  So I cut off the burnt parts and we ate the middle part. 

 As I had time to think about it, I was glad I didn't raise a ruckus at the pizza shop. I could imagine a young pizza employee putting the pizzas in at the same time, not thinking the smaller one would cook faster. I could imagine the young person being scared and upset and not knowing what to do when they saw the burnt pizza. I could imagine the young person boxing the pizza and hoping no one would notice, and being worried the next couple hours about a complaint. And then I could imagine the young person feeling great relief that nothing negative happened. I smiled. That's the story I would go with in my mind. 

 Be kind. In a non-pandemic world, I might have returned the pizza. But not this time.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com




No comments: