Saturday, May 2, 2020

whiny baby

I was a whiny baby.

I usually work at the church on Monday and Thursday mornings.  I almost always stop at the Pot Belly Deli to pick up their $5 breakfast sandwich.  I do this because I like the sandwich and to help keep them operational during the lock down.  I also leave the server a $5 tip.

Well, I had been wanting to try the new Wendy's sandwich.  So I pull into Wendy's on Monday and order the sandwich with a large tea.  The sign said $5.58, but when I got to the window I was asked to pay $7.85.  I was a bit miffed about that but I didn't say anything.  I assumed that the large tea was a $2 add on to the meal that included a regular sized drink.

I pulled out of Wendy's and onto US 1.  About two blocks down the road I picked up the tea to take a drink.  I was thirsty!!! 

Oh yuck!  Yucky!  They gave me sweet tea!  Now I am mad.  I said nothing about sweet tea.  I don't drink sweet tea.  Ever.  I want to go back and exchange it, but who wants to wait in that line again.  Also, I have an appointment at church to get to.

Then it occurs to me... I am being a whiny baby.  These are first world problems.

Next time I am just going to go to the Pot Belly Deli and buy the sandwich there.  They know how I like it.  And it is all about me isn't it?

Here's to more days that are less about me and more about appreciating all of the good that we have.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com




No comments: