Monday, May 25, 2020

overdoing kindess part 2

So I often search the web for pictures to go with blog posts.  Sometimes I get them wrong, as when my dear friend pointed out that my picture of a 56 Impala was actually a picture of a 1962 Impala.

When I was looking for a picture for yesterday's blog, I did not find one, but I did find a web site that suggests that people that are overly kind are messed up.

Here is what they said about people that are too nice, too kind:

1.  People that insist that they are too nice, rarely are.
2.  They have a martyr complex.
3.  They can be manipulative.
4.  They don't allow themselves to be fully human.
5.  They are on drugs
6.  They are annoying
7.  They are not honest

Just so you know that I am not making this up, here is the link to the web page about 7 reasons to be wary of nice people.
https://www.aconsciousrethink.com/4920/7-reasons-wary-overly-nice-people/

Now, in response to these seven ridiculous thoughts, I share the following.

1.  You may not think I am really nice, but I don't care.  I am just going to keep being nice- every day in every way that I can.  I don't care if you don't believe my kindness.  Keep watching, in time you will get it that there are people that are genuinely nice.  I strive to be one of them.

2.  A martyr complex.  No, probably not.  I just believe that being kind is the good stuff.  I am not a martyr.  Ride in a car with me sometime and you can see by my driving that I am not a martyr.  Sure I want people to like me, but kindness goes beyond that.  Kind people are kind to people who will never learn their name.

3.  Manipulative.  Hmm.  I am not kind to you to get you to do something.  I am kind to you because I love people, because it makes me happy to be kind and because it is why we are here on this earth.

4.  Not fully human.  Ha ha ha!!!  I think the most fully human, most healthy humans are those who seek to follow kindness.  Kindness is the innate sense of purpose within all of us.

5.  On drugs.  No.  Bourbon from time to time, but not drugs.  Sorry, #5 just shows me that the author of this web site does not understand the purpose of life.

6.  Annoying...  I hope that I am not annoying.  The person behind the counter that I am nice too, probably appreciated that I was nice to them.  The person sitting on the concrete outside of the Dollar Tree that I gave $5 to did not think that I was annoying.  He popped up and went into the store to buy something to eat.  The guys in the park that we deliver sandwiches to did not think we were annoying.

7.  Not honest.  I don't even know what to say about that.  I help people because I like to do it.  It is fulfilling.  If someone thinks that there is something less than honest about being kind, that is their problem in their head.  Being kind is just good stuff.

Honestly, I feel bad for the person that wrote this web page.  I hope that one day they wake up and find the joy in helping a neighbor.  May all of us continue to wake up and embrace a life of kindness.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com




No comments: