Wednesday, September 27, 2023

anxiety

I hear from many people who experience anxiety, fear and anger.  

Someone pulled out in front of me in traffic.  Someone brought more than 10 things to the express line.  I need to pray to be a better person.  I am worried about _____.  [fill in the blank]

We all know and we all feel anxiety.  What if every time we felt anxiety we recognized it instead as a moment that we could show grace? 

Instead of wanting to correct or punch that person, I could consider their situation in life.  I could offer them grace.  I could relax and make room for others.  I could expand my heart.  I could find some more joy.

I think that when we respond to anxiety with anxiety, well then things just get worse.  But when we can bring grace to the party, things always get better.

Do unto others as you would have them to do unto you...

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure
If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: