Saturday, September 2, 2023

childhood blessings

In previous blogs that I have written I have commented on the challenges of my upbringing.  It occurred to me as I was writing yesterday's post, that there are some things from my childhood that I should be thankful for.  So here goes:

Things that I am thankful for from my childhood.

1. My Dad was a hard worker. He worked hard to provide for our family.
2. Mom didn't have to work, except for when we were in college and during the year that Dad lost his job.
3. They took us to church.
4. We had three meals a day.
5. We had shoes on our feet.
6. We had a roof over our heads.
7. Dad paid for us to go to college.

As I write this, I want to qualify some of what was done for us... I want to explain more about items 1-7.   But I am not going to do that.  For today, let it be enough that there were things in my life to be thankful for.

We so often forget our blessings.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: