Monday, September 18, 2023

God doesn't care

I was talking to a friend the other day.  They were worried that a loved one had not been baptized.  Oh my, we worry about so many things.

I used to worry about all sorts of theological things.  I wanted to make sure I had it right.  I wanted to make sure that everyone else had it right too.

Now, those days are gone.

God doesn't care if you believe in the trinity or not.  He doesn't care what you believe about baptism, speaking in tongues or the second coming.  He doesn't care if you like traditional or contemporary worship.  He doesn't care about tons of things that we humans argue over.  Churches have split over many of these dumb issues that God doesn't even care about.

What God does care about is that we are people of love.  Love God, love others.  That is all there is to it.  Be filled with his love and share it.

No worries.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: