Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Laying awake

Let me preface this story by telling you that I have been on a job in Paso Robles, Calif for three weeks.  I am tired of being away from home.  I am currently staying in an airstream trailer.


This is where I am staying.  Atascadero, Calif.


I was laying in bed, looking out this window.  At 3am!

Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night and just lay there?

That was me yesterday.  It's 3am and I am wide awake.  You start to think about everything.  Too much to think about.  Maybe that is why I can't sleep.

Thank God, it is a comfy bed.  Maybe I will just lay here for a while.

And the brain rant goes on.  Thinking, thinking, worrying.  Gosh, I should be sleeping, not worrying.

And then I notice out the window of the Airstream:  there he is, Orion, the hunter.


The constellation Orion


I stepped out of the camper and took this picture.

So, Orion the hunter, so what?  Well, when I was in Jr. Hi. I was in the astronomy club.  Super nerdy I know.  For some reason, this has been my favorite constellation.  I have posted blogs about it five times in the past.  [If you are a super nerd, you can go to the blog website and search in the upper left corner to find them.]

Anyway, Orion has been a long time friend in my life, always reminding me that God is with me.

So, it is 3am and I have too much to think about.... and yet there is Orion.  Hello my old friend!  Thank you for the visit.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: