Thursday, September 28, 2023

civil

I watched the movie "The Mule" with Clint Eastwood.  I watched it for probably the third time the other day.  I caught a quote that I had not grasped before.

Regarding his estranged former wife, he said, "we had ten good years together, at least we could be civil."

Actually I think that this is a good point.  Sometimes people need to throw other people away when they get hurt.  Sometimes people need to hurt back when they get hurt.

Let me say this about that...  It is usually not necessary to throw another person away.  It is never necessary to hurt back.  

Resist the urge to hurt others.  It is not necessary.  Get ahold of yourself and bring your best self to the table.  You will be glad that you did.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure
If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: