Sunday, September 3, 2023

Sleeping in

It’s 4:30 in the morning and I’m lying in bed. The bed at the place I’m staying in Paso Robles California is very comfortable. I feel like I could lay here for a long time. I don’t have to get up for another hour... But I don’t lay still very well.

So I think I’ll get up and do some computer work. But, the feeling that I have laying in this bed reminds me of the first family vacation we ever took- I was eight years old and we drove in a Ford Fairlane to the Yellowstone park. It was a great trip. I got to see some bears!!! I remember the last day when we were packing up to go home, I didn’t want to get out of the sleeping bag. It felt so good to just lay there. Dad asked me to get up a couple of times and then finally he just picked up one end of the sleeping bag and I came dumping out.

Anyway, sleep and rest are needful, and a true gift from God. Sometimes it feels good just to lay there. Maybe I should forget about the computer work and just lay in bed a little longer.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: