Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Identity Collapse

I was listening to a podcast the other day and the author used the phrase "identity collapse."  They were using it in reference to leaving a cult.  Once you are out of the group, you no longer know who you are.  You have an identity collapse and must remake yourself.

I think that this also happens when we lose a job that is important to us.  Or if we lose a relationship that is important to us.  Or if we change our beliefs.  Sometimes, we have to face the fear of identity collapse and figure out how to remake ourselves.  This can be a dark time when a person feels very alone.  Who am I now?  What is my life about?

Stay with it.  Keep plugging along.

Whatever change you are facing, there is life on the other side.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure
If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: