Friday, February 9, 2024

bird spikes

So we have had a problem at our mailbox.  The birds seem to like to land on the address bar, and when they land, and get relaxed, they like to leave a memoir of their visit.

I got tired of bird poo on my mailbox.  I mean, the entire mailbox was covered in bird doo.  It was bad.

So I bought some bird spikes.  I was talking to a friend about this.  They were afraid that the birds would impale themselves on the spikes.  I insisted, no no no, the birds will not be hurt by the spikes, the spikes will only keep them away from the mail box.



Since this install, the mailbox is looking better.  The birds are finding another place to take a nap.

Now then, there is this woodpecker that is pecking on our chimney cap.  I need to get up there on the roof and put some spikes on top of that as well.

Sometimes in life, you need to figure out what you need to do and just do it.  The birds of your world can figure their stuff out in their own way and in their own time.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: