Sunday, February 4, 2024

who I would have become

My friend Brian sent me this from his daily readings:

“Dear God: Thank You for not letting me become the person who I would’ve been if it was left up to me.” In my experience another good name for the Holy Spirit would be Persistent Presence. Somehow, without forcing me to do or be anything, the HS stuck with me and nudged me into better choices. I couldn’t have gotten here on my own. I could have slid down a thousand rabbit holes. Instead, I stumbled often but kept upright, aided and lead by the loving hand of our Father.

I would add to this post... this is what Methodists call "prevenient grace."  The grace that comes before.  God keeping us from falling so far away that we can no longer sense his love.   God loving us first.  God under-girding us.  God carrying us.

Thank you God for keeping me from the worst of what I might have been.  Thank you for lighting the path to a life of caring and kindness.  Help me to get better at your loving ways.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: