Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Leaders

One of the things that I used to say when I was the Senior Pastor... I told it to lead staff and I told it to church lay leaders.  I told it to other pastors.  I told it to anyone that would listen.  Here it is:

Good leaders take responsibility and give credit.

To me, this means that a leader does not throw others under the bus.  The leaders covers for broken staff and works with the team to make things better.  And when things go well, the leader praises the work of his/her staff.

Another quote along these lines is in this meme:



You see, when you empower others, they improve.  When you cover for others, they become loyal.  When you treat them with respect and celebrate them, they will walk through fire for you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: