Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Dad

I don't do much electrical work.  I have most of the needed tools, but they don't get out much.  Every now and then I have a little job.

So I was moving an outlet in the garage.  I grabbed my case of electrical fittings.  Here it is:



This case of fittings belonged to my dad.  In his day, I know that this collection was state of the art.  Dad loved his tools.  Anyway, I had a very interesting sensation when I opened the box...



It was like a little bit of him came rushing out.  Like a bit of his spirit had been closed up in that box.  I almost felt it blow by me.

For a few moments I felt that he was there with me.  It was nice.

I am reminded of the "cloud of witnesses" that the book of Hebrews refers to... this group of loved ones, now passed, who somehow, from time to time, still share a bit of this space on earth with us.

I miss my dad.

Anyway, I got the outlet installed, and it works!!!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com


No comments: