Monday, February 26, 2024

One less rib.

I hate to tell this story about myself.  It is dumb.  Just really really dumb.

I was a freshman in college at San Jose State.  I was in humanities class.  A talk ensued about the validity of the Bible.  I jumped to it's defense.  After all, I had some great ammunition from my pastor or youth leader.

When they asked what proof I had that the bible was true, I said, and I was totally serious... "don't you wonder why men have one less rib than women?"  You know the story, God made woman from the rib of the man... so men have one less rib.

I really believed it.  After all, I had been taught it.

The entire class laughed at me.  I felt stupid.  I was stupid.

Moral of this story... don't believe everything that your pastor or Sunday School teacher says.  There is a lot of really bad theology out there.

Stay grounded.  Stick with love.  And remember... neither God nor the bible need to be defended.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com




No comments: