Thursday, February 8, 2024

Sometimes I don't

Sometimes I don't.  Sometimes I don't hold to the values that I value. 

This is an example of that.

The other day as I pulled into the grocery store, I noticed a homeless person with a sign.  I didn't think much about them, because I was going in to buy some stuff for the dinner that I was going to cook for my son.  [wife was out of town.]

It was going to the be Brinkman Men's Club dinner.  I got my groceries and headed out.    I drove out of the parking lot, right past the homeless person.  I saw them sitting there and I don't know how to tell you what I was thinking, except that I was thinking about me and what I was about.  I wasn't thinking about other people, and I wasn't thinking about God's people.

I think that we think about us, way too often.  I can become about us in an instant...

I pulled out and started for home. And then I heard this voice [and I heard the voice] quote me a scripture:

1 John 3:17 "If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?" 

 I heard it plain as day. "If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?"

I regained my senses. I turned off at the next possible time and returned to the parking lot. I got out some money for the person with the sign. I gave it to her. She said thank you.

I drove home... A better version of myself.

If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? 1 John 3:17

May we all find a little more compassion for those who are in need.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: