Thursday, February 1, 2024

a bit of a mess

So I own a pick up truck.  An old one.  A 2006 Ford F-150.  Sometimes when you haul things, stuff flies out of the back of your pick up.  You have to turn around, stop and pick it up.

A few months ago, I was in Kansas City.  I was driving on Victoria Street just east of Douglas street and I came upon this mess.




You can see the yellow and green Waste Management trash truck.  It evidently had a wardrobe malfunction.  Gross trash was spilling out the back of it as it drove down the street.

After my lunch at Jose Peppers, I drove back that way and the company had delivered a dumpster and had a bobcat cleaning the trash up.

I guess my point here is this.  When you think that you have had a bad day, when you think that your trash is on display, just remember that there is someone somewhere who is experiencing something much worse than anything that you have ever thought of.

Can you imagine that driver making that phone call into the office???   Hello, boss, well, we are going to need some help out here...

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: