Wednesday, January 31, 2024

something beautiful

Sometimes things in our lives get messed up.  They get wrecked.  This post is just a reminder that things don't have to stay wrecked forever.

I posted a few weeks ago about how sad we were that our big beautiful palm tree was killed by an infestation of beetles.  I had to take it down and take it out.  Funny as it sounds, we were sad about it.  It was a beautiful tree.


    The canary island date palm died.






Our yard had a very sad spot.
 
 Then there was planning and working.  We wanted to make it better.  I came up with a new idea.  I moved the stone border.  I planted anew.  Sometimes when life hurts, you have to get up and start again.




Left to right... foxtail palm.  Hawain T's [pink] Dark red crotans.  Yellow crotans.  Christmas palm.

And what was dead has come back to life.  What was a sad corner, is now again a happy sight.

And so it can be in other areas that are ravaged by the difficulties of life.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: