Sunday, January 21, 2024

Watching the news

I don't remember a time in my life when I have watched the news with such concern.

I have lived through some difficult  times... my childhood upbringing... breaking away from a cult...

But, what I consider the worst of times, I have never seen.  I have never lived through anything like the great depression.  I have never seen massive soup lines.  I have never witnessed hyper inflation.  I have never lived during a world war.

And yet, I watch the news these days and I am concerned:  Russia invading Ukraine.  Russia taking over part of Georgia.  Israel and Hamas.  Israel and Hezbollah.  The Houtis vs the US Navy.  Iran and Pakistan.  Iran vs everyone.

Maybe I just don't remember, but it seems like some pretty concerning times.

If you are concerned about what you read on the news, here is my advice.  1.  get out of debt and stay out of debt.  2.  be a positive voice in the world whenever and wherever you can.  3.  Trust in God.  He still has the whole world in his hands.

It's still a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: