Sunday, January 28, 2024

Too Tribal

Today my Kansas City Chiefs will play the Baltimore Ravens for the right to go to the Super Bowl.  I am a big Chiefs fan.  I was born in Kansas City at St. Luke's hospital, back when there was only one... on the Plaza.  I lived 46 of my 66 years in KC.  I am a Chiefs fan.

But, I think that we are too tribal.  We get overly upset if our team loses.  Our egos rise and fall on the success or failure of our teams.  Life is bigger than football.

Today I will root for the Chiefs.  But if the Ravens win, I will be happy for Raven's fans.  It is ok for us to be happy for other people.  It is not always about me/us.

Having said that, GO CHIEFS!!!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: