Sunday, January 14, 2024

I thought

I thought that they didn't like me.

Years ago they left the church.  I worked so hard to keep people connected that it hurt when they left.  Especially really good people.

I guess yes, there were some folks over the years that were hateful, and if they left the church I didn't worry about it.  But when good people left, it hurt and I felt as if I had let them down.  Maybe I did.

One of the things that I have loved about the churches that I have served is that they were always good at welcoming people back.  People that returned after a long absence, or after a church change, were always welcomed and never shamed.

That is how it ought to be.

Anyway, I hear of a family that has returned to WCC.  That is awesome.  Another friend that I lost has evidently been reading the blog and contacted me.  That made me feel really good.  [and unfortunately we humans have a way of making it all about me.]

Anyway, work hard to keep your friends.  Work hard to keep your church friends and members.  Welcome them back of course if they leave and want to return.

And if you are thinking that it is time to follow the bread crumbs back to your home, follow that leading.  Home is where you will find the love after a long journey.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: