Monday, January 22, 2024

What just happened

Last Sunday after leaving church, something strange happened.  When I leave church I always drive to 7th street and turn right.  Then I drive on 7th to "G" street.  There, I turn right and drive down the hill to the corner of US 1 and G.  I  stop at the light and wait to turn left onto US 1 for my drive home.

But last week when I got to the corner of G and US 1, something odd happened.  After sitting at the light for a few moments, my brain said, "go."  I started to go.  Just then, I noticed that cars were still flying through the intersection going north and south on US 1.  I looked at my light.  It was red.

The light was red, but my brain told me to go, and I started to.  I was very close to driving out into traffic causing certain harm to me and to others.

I cannot explain what happened.  I guess I need to pay better attention.  Red is red and green is green.  Be careful out there.  There are lots of older drivers in Florida that do not pay attention.  Evidently, I can be one of them.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: