Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Class Reunion

1974 Junior in High School
I went to high school at Leland High in San Jose, Calif.  The only famous person who went there was Pat Tilman, NFL player who was killed in Afghanistan.

Anyway, I recently received an invitation to the annual class reunion.  For some reason, the reunion was to be held in Leland, Mississippi.

I thought that was strange, but who knows what California people think.  I wrote to the organizer... I asked a one word question... Mississippi?

She replied and explained that this is where the school is located.  This exchange led to several emails back and forth.  Somehow I  got invited to the high school reunion of Leland High in Leland Mississippi.  Wrong school, wrong town.

The organizer and I both laughed.  She also made it clear that I was more than welcome to attend their reunion.  She told me that if I showed up that they would make a big deal out of the situation.  [not much excitement in Leland Mississippi, population 4800]  I could go to the reunion, but I probably won't.

Just thought that was a cute story.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: