Thursday, January 11, 2024

exasperation

So, I was dealing with all of the normal things that press my life.  I know that I don't have a full time job, but it sure seems like there is a lot to take care of.

Someone that I care about is upset. Chicken from lunch is stuck in my teeth. The fountain pump is plugged with moss and debris. We have ants in the wall by the dining room window. The check engine light in the car keeps coming on.

It’s overwhelming

And then this... Six warning lights are on in my car.


I am beside myself.  I am exasperated.  I am pulling my hair out.  I was absolutely disgusted with life's short rolls.

What to do???

Well, for one, hang on.  Tell yourself you will get to the other side, and you will.  Just keep at it.  One step at a time.

Don't crawl into a hole to hibernate.   Pick one at a time and knock one out then the next then the next pretty soon you’ll feel like your life is manageable again.  

Fast forward....

Today it is two months since that car had all of that trouble.  That car is gone, sold.  And I have a new [new to me] car [2010 Mustang] that I love.

The fountain pump is fixed.  The floss took care of the chicken. I killed the ants.

The exasperations of yesterday will eventually be replaced with something better.  Don't lose heart.  Keep after it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: