Saturday, January 20, 2024

I was touched

After the sermon on Sunday, our pastor took us through the communion liturgy.  Then we all got in line to receive the elements. 

On a side note, I love to receive communion, more so than presiding over the liturgical end of it. 

So I was in line with everyone.  The line is long.  All the way to the back of the Sanctuary.  As I waited and slowly moved towards the front, I noticed one of my friends take the elements and move over to kneel at the rail.  Most people take the elements and return to their seats, but this friend has been struggling with cancer.  He wanted a few moments to pray.   I watched as he knelt down and as our Pastor went over and placed a prayerful hand upon his shoulder.  It was so touching.  It was a picture of love.  It was a picture of grace.

 

May we all reach for each other in every chance that we get.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: