Friday, January 26, 2024

The Human Body

The other day someone saw me walking and was concerned that my knee replacement did not go well.  I told them, "no, things are fine.  things are much better."  The reason that I was walking funny is because of the general miles, wear and tear on this body.  It always takes me a few steps to get going.

Especially if I have sat for a while, the first few steps just get the juices going again.

I remember complaining to my dad when I was in my 20's about aches and pains.  He laughed.  He said, "son, when you are in your 20's you hurt yourself and it doesn't even hurt.  In your forties when you hurt yourself it hurts.  When you get to be my age [60's] you don't even have to do anything and it hurts."

As I think about this and write about this, I am reminded of what a miracle the human body is.  A few years ago, one of my favorite pastors was giving a sermon on miracles.  He admitted that there were a few miracles in the bible that he wasn't sure about.  And then, pointing to his chest he said... "this is a miracle... this heart... it has been beating every day for 74 years."

Wow.  The human body is a miracle.  Even if it takes a few steps to get it going.  We have much to be thankful for.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: