Friday, January 19, 2024

emotional reset

I thank God for the gift of emotional reset.  It is like our hearts/minds and bodies can only take so much sorrow.  Then our system clicks over to a better feeling.  I have experienced this from time to time over the years and I hope that you do as well.  I just don't think that we can bear the deep emotions on and on and on... so from time to time, our emotions must reset.

So I went to a funeral.  It was a big deal. Every funeral is a big deal I guess especially to the family and loved ones of the deceased. But when it’s someone that we knew well and loved it’s a big deal to us, and it hurts.  I dreaded going.  I worried about going. I hurt for the loss of this family that I love. I cried during the funeral I was somber the entire day. 

Then I went to bed and woke up the next day. Thank God for the gift of waking up the next day. It doesn’t lessen the loss. But the gift of sleep broke the emotional cycle and I woke up the next day with a happy heart.  Happy for the gift of life and for the gift of my friend's life. 

If you are in an emotional down spot, may God grant you an emotional reset.  May you have a good night's sleep so that you can wake and see that life is still good, and God is still with us.

 It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com



No comments: