Thursday, January 18, 2024

A First

It was a first for me...

One of the normal ushers was sick on Sunday.  The head usher asked me to help.  Of course I said yes.  Glad to help. 

I smiled.  I realized that in all of my years of participating in church services, I had never ever been a part of receiving the morning offering.

I ended up on the center aisle.  As I walked down the aisle with the plate, I smiled at every person.  I greeted them.  One person apologized for not having anything to put in the plate.  I touched her arm and told her that it was ok.  It was a beautiful experience.

Seemingly mundane moments can be made beautiful if we simply stop and appreciate them.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: