Wednesday, September 18, 2024

a moment of fame

Last week I was on a cruise with my wife's cousin, Jay Dorst.  Now any of you that know Jay, know that he is an absolutely fantastic human.


One night on the cruise, we went to a magic show.  I thought it was great.

One of the things that was wonderful was that the magician brought a 7 year old girl up onto the stage to help with one of his tricks.


He asked her her name.  She said, "Lilly."  He introduced Lilly to the crowd.  He asked them to applaud for her.  And the crowd gave a rousing ovation for Lilly.  

I thought about how little Lilly must have felt in that moment.  Up on the stage... 300 people applauding her.

I hope she felt great.  I am sure that she did.

And I thought about how I wish every human could have that happen to them at least once in their life time.  Or maybe even once per week.  Imagine, you up on stage, the focus of it all, and everyone is applauding.

You deserve it.

Today, I am applauding for you.  You are amazing.  You deserve to be celebrated!!!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: