Saturday, September 7, 2024

your team, my team.

Football season has started.  I have teams that I root for.  So do you.  Let's just begin by agreeing that your teams are just as important as mine.  Your loyalties are just as important as mine.

Too much energy is spent on demeaning one team over another.  Peggy McB loves the Steelers.  I don't particularly, but if they win, I will be happy for her.  I think Pastor Tim loves the Eagles.  I don't.  But if they win, I will be happy for him.

Half of the people on "our team" will be gone in a few years.  Heck, they may end up on your team.

I have come to believe in this life that it is ok for me to be happy for you if your team wins and mine does not.  Conversely,  I would appreciate it that if my team wins, you will be happy for me.

A few years ago, the Cincinnati Bengals were in the Super Bowl.  I tried to find my college roommate, Dallas Moore, to tell him that I was rooting for his team.  But I have lost touch with him.  If you can find Dallas Moore from Bethel, Ohio, please tell him that I am rooting for his team.

This is how we should handle my team vs your team.  

I will always root for my team.  But if your team wins, I will be happy for you.  I will not be hateful or negative if my team loses.  I will be happy for you who are on the other side.

Life is short and remember... it is only a game!!!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: