Thursday, September 26, 2024

heartbreak

I received a note the other day from a friend.  They described going through a heartbreak.  I felt and I feel so bad for them.

I don't know what to say and I don't know what to do.

This is not the first time in my life that I have felt completely unprepared for a situation.  It is not the first time that I had no idea of what to say.

When you are a pastor, you are supposed to have all of the answers.  But sometimes in life, if we are honest, we just don't know how to help.

So I will say this to my friend... I love you.  I am so sorry.  If I were there I would sit with you at the breakfast table.  You deserve better than pain.  I hug you from afar.  

Sometimes we cannot fix things.  All we can do is to be with the person, love them, listen, and hug them.

It is a beautiful, yet sometimes painful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: