Saturday, September 14, 2024

I give at my church


So, when I was a kid, we gave money to help people at our church.  That is how it went for most of my adult life.  Charity happened through what you gave at church.

Now in the last few  years, every body is wanting a donation.  I get requests from the Salvation Army, St. Jude's children's hospital, the diabetes foundation and many others.

When I go to the grocery store, they ask me if I want to give to some cause.  At the grocery store!!!  At McDonald's I am asked if I want to round up to the next dollar for their charity...  This picture is from Lowes.  

I have to tell you that I am surprised by all of this... I am disturbed by this.  Because I give at my church.

I am sorry but I did not go to McDonalds, Lowes or Chipotle to make a donation.  I go to church for that.

I am sorry, but I am a bit put off by all of the requests for donations.  

People... 

people... just find a church.  Everyone find a church.  Give there.  And stop with all of the shopping solicitations.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be srue to see the good.

No comments: