Friday, September 20, 2024

tipping


I always think tipping is nice.

Most people in the service industry need the financial support. They need it. And most of us who do not work in the service industry can afford to leave a tip.

On a recent visit to a hotel in Miami, I came upon this electronic way to tip.




Evidently, instead of leaving cash, you could scan this QR code and it takes you into a website where you can charge a tip to your room or put it on a credit card.

I chose to leave two dollars cash as I usually leave $2-3 each day.

It’s interesting that the upfront tipping options on the site are $5 $10 or $20.




So I believe in tipping and I think that we should do it. Please leave a tip.

Now I am going to change the subject...

So I got to thinking about the difference between paying with cash and paying with a card. When you pay with cash, it hurts a little bit.

When you pay with a card, you don’t even feel it. It’s like it’s not real money. Using credit cards can be very dangerous and people get out of whack on debt that way. I remember years ago, getting a monthly credit card statement... I opened it. The bill was $2,000 and honestly, I didn't even remember what we had spent the money on.

If you are going to use a credit card, pay it off every month without fail.

And remember to tip your sever. Smile at them and ask their name. And then leave a tip.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: