Monday, September 9, 2024

If the Lord wills

I made a list yesterday. For Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. When I finished, I thought about how one day my kids will see a list that went unfinished. I remembered this passage from the book of James chapter 4...

13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”

I hope I get to keep making lists for a long time. But it is important to remember that our lives are in God's hands.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: