Friday, November 20, 2009

home

Today the girls will come home for Thanksgiving break. Scott has class next week, but will be home by 4pm Tuesday. I am looking forward to having everybody around. It is such a strange thing to have them gone. We spent so many years together, it will just feel "right" to have them back.

If we can take any clues about God from human life, God is probably also pleased when we come home. When we stop by and spend some time with him.

I had a thought a few weeks ago. We talk in terms of being with God, that we have to do something or another to be closer to him. We have to stop our lives and go find him, or go catch up with him. What if, instead of looking forward to some time in the future when we were going to make time for God or catch up with him, we brought him into our daily world.

If we believe God is everywhere, then we don't have to wait until we get home. We don't have to wait until we have more time. We can drag God into our every day existence. Now that is kind of a funny way of looking at it, because we don't have to drag him to us. He is already with us. All around us. Now. Whatever you are doing, where ever you are, God is there.

Renew the relationship. Become aware of what is true and real. You are never alone. The loving God stands by your side every moment.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

H4EO said...

A good friend made me a bookmark that simply ask, "Where did I take God today"? I carry this in my lunchbox.

Scripture tells me that God wants to be part of my earthly experience. I agree: We are not alone.

I am glad you are my pastor.