Wednesday, November 4, 2009

when souls collide

When I meet someone, I hope that we can be friends. Sometimes, an amazing thing happens. In a way that is hard to describe, we find a connection. Souls collide. We understand each other. There is a forgiveness and an acceptance that is without question. It is like you are brothers or sisters. Part of the same family. Twins separated at birth who now have been reacquainted.

DT DH and 100 others. What a gift it is to make a friend. We should always celebrate the presence of those special people in our lives. I hope you have them in your life too.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I so agree with you. My soul has collided with a few wonderful people over the years, some very recently, and it really makes you stop and think about God's plan. Those souls are there for a reason.

I had to feel a bit sorry for you yesterday though when you wrote that you didn't have contact with friends from the past. I actually share a boat with a man that I've known since I was 7 years old. Another man that I've known since we were born, calls me periodically to chat. And a few times a year, I get together with high school classmates. I keep in touch with probably 100 people (off and on) that I've known for more than 40 years. It's a great way to kind of keep one foot in the past--a place I like to visit often.

But, I know what you mean about the "souls colliding"--Maggy and I had a head on collision. We were meant to find each other for sure. I believe that about Missy and Wendy also. It feels so right when it happens. Sister's in Christ for sure. What a blessing.

Anonymous said...

It has been said that every human being is born with a God shaped vacumn inside. I believe that a second vacumn exists. That is a friend shaped vacumn. The friend shaped vacumn is best filled by those who have already filled the God shaped vacumn. I believe that a loving God created the kind of soul connection you describe. It is very real. Thank you for the reminder.

Our world is full of economically poor people. However the truly deprived man is one who has become calloused and denies a need for soul connections and friends. This is a truly poor man/woman.