Friday, November 13, 2009

take aways

Well, last night a bunch of us went to hear Rob Bell at the Uptown Theatre. I saw several preacher friends there. There is now a little secret club of Methodist Pastor, Rob Bell fans.

There were several take aways. Let me mention one. God does not waste anything. When you are suffering, when things are not going well, there is at least this consolation. God does not waste anything.

He can pick up the pieces of the worst disaster and make something good. We can learn from the worst of moments.

So, if you are in the pits. If you are struggling with pain. God wastes nothing. Something positive can come from where you are at. We need to stop asking "why" and instead ask, "what next."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Proof that He can turn any situation to good is the best story in history. He took the ultimate evil, the torture and killing of God walking among us as Christ, and thru that atrocity, gave us all the opportunity of eternal life. There has never been a more vile tragedy, nor greater manifestation of God's grace than those few days.

We are lucky that God is Good.

DH

Drew said...

My biggest takeaways ...

There is a difference between ownership and possesion.

Sometimes less is more ... the art of elimination.

In a strange way, it made me look for to my next suffering to see how I can handle it. I know it will make me a better person somehow and may bring new opportunities.