Sunday, November 15, 2009

rejection

Yesterday I drove 2 hours to Pitt State to visit Scott. Then I drove 2 hours home. 4 hours in the car is good quiet time to think and sort your life out with God. Working on the sermon in my head while driving. Trying to figure out how to get from this part to the next. If it doesn't make sense to me, it won't make sense to anyone else.

Trust. Fear. Rejection. All kept dancing in my head. I wonder if rejection is the one thing that we fear the most.

My kids won't take my advice = rejection.
Someone is mad at me = rejection.
Something in my brain tells me that I am not good enough = rejection.

I sure am glad that we are not rejected by God. We are accepted and loved by him. It makes me feel better even now in this moment of writing, to express that truth. We are welcomed and loved by Almighty God.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: