Sunday, November 22, 2009

travel mistakes, chapter one

So my wife has a trip last week. Denver, Nashville, KC. Her Nashville site is in Germantown. Are you onto this yet?

She flies to Denver and does her stuff there. Then she flies to Nashville, rents a car, hooks up the gps and the gps tells her that it is 3 hours to her site in Germantown.

Hmmmm. Germantown is not a suburb of Nashville, it is a suburb of Memphis. My wife has flown into the wrong town!!

So she has to drive to Memphis, 3 hours, stay in the hotel that she has made reservations at, and then work the next day. Drive back to Nashville 3 hours, turn the car in, and fly home.

Simple travel planning mistakes. Wrong town. Long drive. It gets better. Chapter two is tomorrow.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

KCSherri said...

How can it get better than that??!!

I would have been so upset - I can't imagine handling this gracefully. I'm curious to know how she handled it. Did she laugh? Cry? Cuss?

I would have screamed. And then figured I had a good story for my blog! :)