Friday, November 6, 2009

Jesus wants to save the Christians

I have just started a book by Rob Bell entitled, "Jesus wants to save the Christians." This is a book about things that Christians think that are not what Jesus would prefer. I don't think that I am going to like this book. That is because I think it is going to make me feel uncomfortable. You see I am all glad with Jesus challenging your life, but I don't want Jesus to challenge my life.

We are all like that. We are all for sacrifice as long as it belongs to someone else.

If Jesus took an inventory of your life, your beliefs and practices, would there be some things that he said, "Hey, wait a minute, this is not what we are supposed to be about."

We don't even like to think of such things.

Rob Bell is going to be at the Uptown theatre this coming Thursday. Several from church are going. Come join us.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could! (Sr. High Synago is during that time)

--Brian Swanson