Monday, November 23, 2009

travel mistakes, part two

So this is a couple of weeks ago. Cathy is dreading leaving town again. We stay up late and tell stories on Sunday night. She falls asleep in the chair. She was sleeping so soundly, that I decide to leave her there.

Now, she had told me that she had to fly out at 7:10am the next morning, but it doesn't occur to me that she might miss her alarm if she is sleeping in the chair.

Well, about 2:30 she comes upstairs and she is unhappy that I did not get her set up with her alarm in her comfy bed. So, she sets her alarm and wakes up when it goes off, two hours later at 4:30am. Morning routine follows: Shower, dress, pack, coffee, leave for airport.

She is driving to the airport and there is a big wreck on the Missouri river bridge. Traffic is backed way up. She is tired and stressed. She only got 4+ hours of sleep and some of that was in the recliner. Now she is stuck in traffic and worried that she is going to miss her flight. She calls in to Delta Airlines. Now, when I do this, I get a recording, forever. She has a special number since she is one of their favorites. A human being answers the phone and she asks him to check her in for her flight so that she can go straight to the gate.

He says, "Mrs. Brinkman, I have to tell you, I don't have you scheduled for a 7:10 flight this morning, I have you for a 7:10 flight tonight.

She got up at 4:30 am and drove to the airport for a 7:10pm flight. Ha! When I got up I was surprised to see her sitting in the same recliner where I had left her the night before. I asked her if she had missed her flight, she fessed up.

We had a good laugh. I hope that you do as well. Be sure and ask her about these stories.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Mistakes and bad decisions are just the beginning of some great stories. ; )