Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

And the world stops. For one day each year, the world stops. At least the world in the USA stops. There is no school, there is no mail, every business is closed. This is serious. Even McDonald's is closed.

It is thanksgiving day. Like it or not, it is a day set aside to give thanks to Almighty God.

It is a day set aside. Everything stops for thanksgiving. That is because you cant be on the run and be thankful. You have to stop and look the person in the eyes and say thank you.

I hope you did that yesterday. I hope you can do it everyday in the future that God gives you.

Stop. Set everything else aside. Look into God's eyes. Say thank you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

For the record, I wish we could enjoy the days of the "Missouri Blue Law" again. Every Sunday back then was like Thanksgiving is now--everything was closed. That's the day when we knew there was no place to go but Grandma's house, or for a drive in the country, or to the home of another relative or friend if we wanted to go out. Nothing was open--not even the "filling stations". If you wanted to drive on Sunday, you got gas on Saturday. Yes, there were those times when my mom or dad would be upset because we were out of something and they would have to wait until Mon. to get it, but that didn't happen too often.

We spent time together as a family. I have a daughter that works for a retail company. She'd like to be in church with me every Sunday, but she's lucky if she can be there 2 times a month.

I've been shopping at Hobby Lobby since I discovered the company back in 1977 in Oklahoma City. I was so impressed a few years ago when I went there on a Sunday and there was a note on the door that read something like this: "We will now be closed on Sunday's in order to allow our employees the opportunity to worship or spend time with their families." I was a little disappointed that day because I wanted/needed something. But, I just went back on Monday.

Sorry about the essay, but I have such strong feelings about this. I really feel sorry for anyone that has to work on Sunday...well, except for you Jeff. ; )