Tuesday, November 24, 2009

thanksgiving

Well. Tis the season. Are you thinking about what you are thankful for?

I saw a flock of 16 turkeys running around the other day.

Dave Owsley gave a wonderful sermon on Sunday. Beautiful decorations have gone up all over the church. The congregation's response to the thanksgiving food drive was almost 500 grocery bags full. The adoption of needy children for Christmas has begun, with more needy children than ever, but I know we will pick up every single one.

My children are home. The turkey is in the fridge. My neighbor is putting pressure on me to put up our Christmas lights. He got the jump on me this year, usually I get mine up first.

I actually know what the sermons are going to look like all through the month of December, including Christmas eve. That is great news! It can be such a nervous time.

I visited a man in the hospital today who reminded me that we should be thankful simply to be alive. I agree. We have much to be thankful for.

If you made a list, where would you stop? Friends. Family. Love. Grace.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your list of things you are thankful for. It helped remind me of all the things I am thankful for. The list could (and probably should) go on and on!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for a Pastor with a heart for God. Thank you for taking time to communicate what God lays on your heart.

Lori W. said...

Jeff, I am so thankful for Woods Chapel church for their generosity of the 500 grcoery bags returned. This was a tremendous way for everyone to be involved... no matter their age. My son, a 5th grader this year, was able to take part in every aspect of the Thanksgiving Food Drive. He passed out grocery sacks, carried in groceries, shuttled them to the vans, and then was able to unload at Grace Community. He loved it so much, he can't wait for another service to get involved in. You don't have to be an adult to get involved... this church has something for everyone.
God bless you and your family this Thanksgiving.
Lori W.