Sunday, November 1, 2009

trick or treat

Well, that was a bit uneventful. Last night I mean. We had maybe 30 trick or treaters at the most. The good news is, I have lots of candy left over.

It was nice to see the kids out with their Dads and or Moms. When our kids were little I used to take them around to the houses and Cathy would stay home and hand out treats. One year Scott was a Ninja Turtle. They were always so cute and so proud of the candy that they would collect.

At night I would pick through it and steal their milk duds. They would always catch me, and I would end up having to buy them more at the grocery store.

I miss hanging with the other Dad's and going out with the kids on Halloween.

But, it's all good. Cathy and I sat on the couch and watched a movie, interrupted by 30 kids. No problem. It is a fun night.

Families are awesome. Young kids are great. Enjoy them while you have them.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI The big bags of Halloween candy will be on sale today at most of the stores. I'm sure you could score some cheap Milk Duds.
; )