Saturday, October 31, 2009

self-improvement

Self improvement- the idea that I can work on a better, less dysfunctional me.

Some people read novels. I read theology, history, and books that challenge my life paradigm. One author asked the question recently, what are you doing to engage your self with the concept of self-improvement?

if the answer is "nothing" Then our message to the world and to our selves, and to our God is, "I have arrived. I am a finished product."

I hope that sounds bad to you. It should. All of us have room to grow and change.

Is there something that you can do this month to help you to become a better you? Hearing the voice of God begins with an understanding that my way of seeing things is not the only thing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: