Thursday, October 22, 2009

we talk a big talk

We humans are all talk and no action. I order the big breakfast. Eggs. Sausage. Potatoes. Biscuit. Gravy. Pancakes. I can never eat it all. We have lots of big ideas that we have trouble carrying out.

Take for example all of you tree hugging, dog lovers who have tried to come to the rescue of my ill tempered, bad mannered, ungrateful mutt, Lou. Many of you scolded me for being mad at him, but now that he is for sale, no one is stepping up to take care of him.

Your offers tell me that you really don't care about dogs. What you really want is for me to feel guilty and just keep putting up with his dysfunctional problems. The bids on Lou so far are: a pet rock, 2 gerbils, a 3 legged cat, [don't need any more cats regardless of how many legs they have.] Sharon wants the dog for free and she wants me to throw in Jonnie's fern in the foyer. Ok, here is the deal. if I can get rid of the fern in the foyer, you can have the dog and the cats too. let me know when the fern is gone and we will go from there.

Gosh, it is nice to have some fun with this blog. Sometimes it all seems so serious or worse and you know life just should have its moments of random, indescribable fun. Joy. Hilarity.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

LOL Seriously, I laughed out loud and I haven't felt good enough to laugh out loud in a few days.

I do feel bad for you and this dog situation. My comment about the fern was a kind of "you reap what you sow" reminder. You've disliked that fern for no apparent reason--it's green, it's living, it requires little or no attention and bothers no one--well, you obviously, and now you've got this little annoying dog to deal with. "The Lord's trying to tell you somethin'..." Hmm, not sure I should be preaching to a preacher. ; )

I do hope the issue is resolved in a manner that is good for all parties involved. Good luck.