Friday, October 30, 2009

vacation

Well, we are finally home. Cathy and I went on a 7 day vaca to a warm place with palm trees, the island of Aruba in the south Caribbean. We were able to do this because a church member gave us a week in their condo and because my wife has lots of frequent flyer miles. I usually don't like to tell people that we are going on vacation, because a few have been known to skip church. We need to keep working on the idea that being at church is important no matter who is preaching.

Anyway, we are home and I will be there to preach on Sunday.

I continue to struggle with the blessings that we have in this country. I go on vacation to a place where people make minimum wage to take care of me. Where their entire economy survives because people like us are able to go visit their warm tropical paradise. I see their cars, their homes, their schools, their future, their dreams. I enjoy their beach. Then I come home.

They have so little. We have so much. How is it right?

Ok, so what then Jeff? If you give everything that you have to help a few of them, will anything really change? Well, it will for the ones that I help.

The claims of Christ weigh on my heart when I come home to such a nice home. If I sell it all and give it all to the poor will that be the answer in some way? And 100 years from now, will anything be different?

I guess I just want to do more to help really needy people, and I should just do that. That will be my resolution. I am going to find more ways to help really needy people. I think Jesus did some of that.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

KCSherri said...

Too bad this isn't Facebook - I'd hit the "Like" button for this post!

Welcome home....