Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Good Hurt

Yesterday was a bad day...Ugly. I saw myself in a way that I don't care to see.... Ok, I am human and I make mistakes and there are reasons for why I did and why I said and why I acted in such a way, but you can throw all of those reasons in a bucket and label it “Excuses”. When it comes down to it, there is never a good excuse for poor actions towards others....when you know better…..no matter how justified….. an excuse never holds water.

Then it's over and hopefully, next, you hit a wall……. and remorse sets in. Yes I hit that wall and I am thankful for that really bad gut wrenching feeling.....you feel small...sick to your stomach...guilty…..and you know you need to make things right again....the sooner the better.

Imagine if you will what it would take not to feel that way when you did something that was "out of character". Not to have the need to make amends....seek forgiveness. How consumed would we have to be in ourselves? I read somewhere that “how you treat the creation reflects how you feel about the creator”. Hmmm…..

If we don't feel that pain what has happened to our souls? I pray I never feel "ok" about doing wrong, thinking wrong, justifying wrong……

Thank you God for the hurt I feel at times.......

Peace,

Lion's Den Man

No comments: