Wednesday, October 28, 2009

question

Josh's post on Monday reminded me of a quote that I read somewhere. If I already shared it with you, forgive me, but this repeat would just be a sign that this is on my mind. Here is the quote:

"I was going to ask God about why he allowed children to go hungry around the world, and innocent people to die of preventable diseases, but I decided not to ask, because I was afraid that he might ask me the same question."

Now I don't deal in quilt. But with all that we are doing to care about others at our church, I still wonder sometimes about the ideas represented in this quote. To what degree am I spending my life for others? Do I really deserve all of the luxury that living in America provides? To whom much is given, much will be required. Ouch.

I am not going to give or receive guilt over this, but I wonder if God is trying to tell me something.

Open brain, insert troubling thought.

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: