Sunday, October 4, 2009

your church.

I like your church. Some people call it my church, but we all know that Pastors come and go. The church really belongs to the members which is why I call it your church. I like your church, and I know almost everything about it. Many of you, most all of you like/love your church, but there are so many things that go on that you don't know about. Well, I know about almost everything, and I love the place. I wish I could tell you everything about the place.

Here is an example. Friday night a marching band from a St. Louis high school stayed the night at our church. They were going to play on Saturday at a competition at Blue Springs High. This was a big band. 3 busses. A straight truck. A shuttle bus pulling a trailer with a gator on it. This was a big time caravan.

Yesterday morning I stopped by the church for a bit and the band was practicing in our parking lot. It was like God was celebrating His house with His own brass band. The music was so good and the young people were so happy. I was so glad that we opened our doors for them to spend the night.

Thank you for loving your church.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: